Injuries at the Workplace (WSIB)
Injuries can be an unfortunate reality in the workplace. The effects of an injury can be devastating – physically, emotionally, and financially. With prompt, evidence-based treatment and appropriate guidance, we can play a key role in reducing your pain, increasing your level of functioning, and ensuring a safe and timely return to work.
Kawartha Therapeutic Centre is registered with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) allowing us to perform chiropractic and or massage therapy care for WSIB cases.
If you’ve been injured at your place of work, it is important that you take the following steps:
- Promptly tell your employer that you’ve been injured on the job. If you require medical attention beyond first aid, or you’ve missed any time from work, your employer has 72 hours to report the injury to WSIB.
- Promptly tell your primary health care practitioner that you’ve been injured at work. (Note: Chiropractors are designated as primary health care practitioners, meaning a referral notice is not necessary to be examined and treated in our office.) A report (called a Form 8) will be completed by both yourself and Dr. Carney and faxed by our office to WSIB. (Don’t worry – we will walk you through any paperwork that you have to fill out for WSIB)
- Communicate with WSIB. After WSIB has been notified of your injury from your employer/health care provider, your claim will be registered and an adjudicator will be assigned to your case. They will contact you directly.
- Receive prompt, necessary treatment your injuries.
For more information, we suggest:
- Visit the “Employee” section of the WSIB website at: http://www.wsib.on.ca/wsib/wsibsite.nsf/public/Workers
- In particular, read the following:
Still have questions?
We are here to help. You may contact Dr. Carney via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , or you may call the office at (705) 878-0463.